How can Hypnotherapy help with Anxiety?
Hypnotherapy is great for helping you to relax and also for uncovering unknown reasons for your anxiety.
Both hypnotherapy and NLP enable you to access your subconscious and so can help with anxiety in the following ways:
- Hypnotherapy can help you to work through and deal with anxieties by using the power of your imagination. In hypnotherapy you will be able encouraged to visualise yourself being free of anxiety. If you visualise yourself doing something, then you will be able do it. You will be telling your subconscious what you want to be. Your subconscious will then take all necessary steps to materialise what you have imagined.
- The power of suggestion can be used to stop unwanted thoughts or behaviours. Just as you have visualised yourself being free of anxiety above, you can visualise yourself easily dealing with anxiety. Using your new coping techniques to stop anxiety before it takes hold.
- Hypnotherapy can go straight to the subconscious and remove any associations or chains that you have made in the past that are causing you anxiety. Anxiety is often triggered after an unpleasant incident. Your brain then associates the circumstances of that event with anxiety. This is how you can become fearful of things like going outside or taking a bus. Once an unpleasant incident happened when you are on a bus, and so our brains can then start to associate buses with anxiety. This association can be broken in the subconscious.
- Phobias can be stopped completely, by removing the association with the thing that you are phobic about in your subconscious. Whether your fear of spiders is because one crawled over you when you were little, or because your Mum would always scream when there was a spider, both associations can easily be dealt with by accessing your subconscious.
- Past traumas can be quickly and effectively dealt with in hypnotherapy by removing the emotional connection that you have to the event in your subconscious. You will still remember the event, but it will not have the emotions associated with it. It will therefore no longer be a trauma.
- Recordings of hypnotherapy can also be given to you to listen to at home. Habits are formed through repetition and are also broken through repetition. The best form of repetition is to give you a recording to listen to over and again ensuring that negative behaviours and thought patterns cease completely.
- Hypnotherapy is a form of guided meditation, and so this can help you to develop essential skills like relaxation and mindfulness to deal with your anxiety.
For more information, or just a chat, please contact me on 07742 209312 or email@example.com
Self Care: Spiritual
We often overlook our spirituality, but this is just as important as any other area of our lives. This is what makes us feel connected to the world and the universe. It is therefore essential that we maintain and nurture it.
What helps your thoughts to remain healthy? How can you ensure that your thoughts remain calm, positive, and clear? Here are some suggestions of the good thought and mental habits you need to ensure you keep up
It is important that you look after yourself in every area of your life. However, we never really give any thought to this. I hope that these blogs therefore help you to stop and think about what you need to include in your life by way of self-care every day, every week, every month, or […]